If you have ever eaten cereal for a snack or even for dessert this is the recipe for you. Now you don’t have to hide your cereal love.
Golden Grahams are perfect for a trifle! It’s cinnamony flavor mixes perfectly with pumpkin and rum mixes amazingly with everything! Add a little whipped cream and some cream cheese to the mix and you’ve got a winning dessert that will keep your cereal love alive!
- 3 cups heavy cream cold, divided
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 16 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cans pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups Golden Grahams cereal, divided
- Whip cream on medium speed using mixer fitted with whip attachment until cream beginning to thicken. Add granulated sugar and rum, increase speed to medium high, and continue to beat until cream is soft to medium peak. Transfer to bowl and keep chilled.
- Beat cream cheese on mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until softened. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla, and beat until combined. Gently fold about 1 1/2 cups of the chilled whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon about 2 cups of the pumpkin mixture into bottom of serving bowl. Sprinkle with about 2 cups Golden Grahams® cereal, reserving 1 cup for garnish. Continue to layer pumpkin mixture with cereal (see note) ending the top layer with remaining whipped cream. Chill to set and to let cereal soften, about 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cup of Golden Grahams® cereal just before serving.