Is your breakfasts getting boring or do you just want to try something totally different? Well this is it! My spin on a classic scotch egg!
A nice runny egg encased in breakfast sausage breaded in potato chips! I know I just described heaven and it’s got everything you need for a great breakfast in one bite!
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, out of casings
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and carefully place eggs in, go slow to make sure eggs don’t crack! Lower temp to medium high to maintain gentle boil, boil for 6 ½ minutes exactly! Using slotted spoon pick up eggs and place in ice water to stop the cooking process immediately! Cool completely before continuing, approximately 5 min.
- Carefully peel eggs, making sure not to damage egg.
- Flaten sausage meat into circles just big enough to thinly wrap around egg. Place in fridge to chill for 10 min.
- Meanwhile set up breading station, eggs, flour and potato chips in separate bowls. Carefully (of course) place egg in flour, egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 350 in deep pot or deep frier place eggs in for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Breakfast is the most important meal! Enjoy!