Wedding | Weird | Family | Viral

Bride's Toxic Decorations Send Her To The Emergency Room On Her Wedding Day

- Page 2

Christine Miller

As soon as the ceremony was over, Christine and her husband Jon rushed to the emergency room.

Jon and Christine in the emergency room.Christine Miller

It turned out the white flower she had picked was snow-on-the-mountain, a toxic plant which is known to kill cows if they eat too much of it. Luckily, Christine's reaction wasn't that bad. After getting a steroid shot, eye drops and pain medications, the couple headed back to their reception, just three and a half hours late.

Despite the pain and discomfort, the new couple are choosing to stay positive about their chaotic wedding day. “It’s a fun story to tell, " Christine told the Omaha World-Herald. "We spent more time together than we would have on our wedding day. In the ER, but still."

Christine, Jon, and their niece share their first dance.Jenny Wiese

And in the end, the young couple learned an important lesson about what really matters in life. Christine couldn't bring herself to keep wearing her wedding dress at the reception, so Jon found her comfy PJs with "Bride" on the shirt from Target.

“He’s always been like that,’’ she said. “I can see how hard he works in keeping me happy every single day." And she hopes other brides will take a lesson from her experience.

The couple posed for wedding photos after Christine recovered from the reaction.Rocking J. Imaging

“Focus on the big picture,’’ she said. “It’s so hard to do that when you’re trying to compare your wedding to other people. You are literally getting married. We make it such a big deal in all the wrong areas."

Share this painfully funny story with someone you know!

[H/T: Omaha World-Herald]

Prev Page Page 2

Popular Videos

Related Articles