These cupcakes are the perfect treat just in time for Easter! These cupcakes are beyond easy to make and take little to no prep time! The perfect addition this years holiday party with the perfect little surprise buried inside.
Topped with the most perfect buttercream icing, these light and fluffy chocolate cupcakes are a hit not only with the kids but everyone around this holiday. There is nothing better than a good moist cupcake paired with a sugary, cream filled Cadbury Egg! Try these out this holiday!
- 1 box cake mix
- 12 Cadbury Cream Eggs
For the Icing:
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Food coloring gel as desired
- Freeze eggs overnight prior to baking to ensure the eggs do not melt and collapse when baking.
- Prepare cake mix as instructed on the packaging.
- Add cake batter to individual muffin tins filling only ½ of each cup.
- Place the Cadbury egg in the center of each of the batters.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes.
- While baking, in a separate bowl, beat butter for roughly 5 minutes or until it appears white and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the icing sugar, milk and vanilla. Continue to whip until creamy and slightly stiff. If using colored icing, add in the gel color and mix until desired tone is achieved.
- Fill a piping bag with any desired tip and set aside.
- Allow cupcakes to cool after baking prior to icing to ensure the icing does not melt.
- Ice cooled cupcakes and ENJOY!