This dessert recipe is genius! It's super simple to make, delicious and perfect for all your Halloween and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Even if you're not a fan of candy corn, you won't be able to get enough of these Candy Corn Rice Krispie treats. They're ooey gooey, crunchy, and perfectly chocolate-y. You've really got to try them!
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 tbsp butter
- orange gel food coloring
- dark chocolate
- white chocolate
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the mini marshmallows to the pot and stir until melted.
- Add some orange gel coloring to your melted marshmallows and remove from heat.
- Add your cereal to your marshmallow mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Press the mixture into a buttered baking dish (11x13) and let cool.
- Once cooled, cut into triangles (like the shape of candy corn).
- Melt your dark and white chocolate in separate bowls.
- Dip the base of your triangle treat into the dark chocolate, and dip the top into the white. Place the treat on a sheet of wax paper and let cool.
- Treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!