Do you have some extra cutting boards sitting in your cupboard that you don't seem to use anymore? Well, if so, here are some awesome hacks you need to check out! Bring a new life to your old cutting board with these tiny DIY add ons!
- 1 cutting board
- 2 pieces of wood
- gorilla glue
- Measure the width of your sofas arm rest.
- Get 2 cutting boards in the shape/size you like that is already finished from your local dollar store. You could also use an old cutting board you already have at home.
- Cut one of the boards in half width wise.
- Use your sandpaper to smooth the edges of all wood pieces.
- Place the top board face down, and mark the measured width of your arm rest centred on the cutting board width wise.
- Using a liberal amount, apply glue to the inside cut edges of the cut cutting board and place on the outside of your marked lines. Placing on the outside of the marked lines allows for the full width of the armrest to fit snugly between both boards.
- The glue will dry within one minute, however, it is best to allow the glue to fully dry in this position overnight.
- Paint and decorate as you wish!
- cutting board
- 2 drawer handles
- Place cutting board with the face side up.
- Align handle on the centre the width end, about 1 inch inward. Repeat on other side. Mark the screw holes lightly with a pencil.
- Remove handle and create light drill holes in the marked spots.
- Place the handle back and attach with screws.
- VOILA! You now have your very own DIY serving tray!
Makeup Brush Wash Board
- plastic cutting board
- hot glue gun
- Select your size of cutting board, and using your hot glue gun create different shaped designs in lines all the way down the board.
- Allow glue to dry and harden.
- Using lukewarm water and soap, dip your makeup brushes into the water and then slide up and down against the cutting board to loosen, remove, and wash your brushes from leftover makeup.