Why slave over a pie when you can whip up some pie bites in no time?! These Cherry Cheesecake Pie Bites are sooo good, and perfect when you’ve got a bunch of people to make treats for!
Skip the homemade pie crust and cut out rounds from store-bought pie dough instead for an easy fix. All you need to do from there is pile in your pie filling, seal them up and bake away! Dip in the almond glaze for a dessert to remember!
For the pie bites:
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts total)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water for egg wash
- Sugar for sprinkling
For the almond glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unroll the refrigerated pie crusts one at a time and use a 4 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as possible. Lay these out on your prepared baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Transfer this to a ziploc bag with the corner cut off. In the middle of each pie crust dough round, pipe about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Spoon 1 or 2 cherries with sauce on top. Fold the pie dough over into an empanada shape, sealing together the edges with a fork. Poke a couple of small vents into each cherry pie bite with a fork, brush it with egg wash, and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Bake the bites for 14 to 15 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack to cool. Whisk together the powdered sugar, water, and almond extract, and pour into a dip bowl. Serve the cooled bites and dip together.