Some people don't like pie, I know it sounds crazy but it's true. Cakes reign supreme in at least 50% of north american households and they're missing out on some classic pie flavors!
With one simple box of cake mix and some pie filling you can pretty much make any one of your favorite pies into a cupcake for those pie haters in your life. All the same pie flavor with a soft and fluffy cupcake crust!
- 1 box white cake mix + ingredients required on the box
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream, for decorating
- Maraschino cherries with stems, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare white cake batter according to box directions.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of cake batter into each cupcake liner, then add 1 slightly heaped tablespoon of pie filling on top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to decorate cupcakes, pipe a dollop of whipped cream, and finish with a maraschino cherry on top. Enjoy!