We love our furry friends and we want to keep them happy and healthy. That's why we've come up with these delicious chicken and rice dog biscuits.
These dog treats are easy to make and super healthy as they are made with all natural ingredients to keep your pup and their tummy happy.
We used a dog bone shaped cookie cutter when making ours, but you can make them into any shape you like. If you don't have a cookie cutter you can also use a knife to cut out the shapes of your treats. Your dog will love them no matter what they look like!
There are a couple things you want to be careful of when choosing and adding the chicken for your treats. Make sure you don't add any bones. This may seem obvious but when you're busy cutting and chopping it's easy for some fragments to get into the mix.
It's also best to avoid adding skin, especially if you're using leftover chicken that has lots of spices, salt, sauce or marinade. All that extra flavor that we love can actually make your pup sick, so it's best to keep things simple and add plain cooked chicken.
You can get the full list of ingredients and directions below. Let us know how they turn out!
- 6 oz boneless cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine your cooked chicken, chicken stock, and wild rice until it creates a paste.
- Empty your paste into a large bowl and add your flour, salt, and egg, and mix together.
- Remove your dough from the bowl and begin to knead.
- Once your dough is kneaded through, roll out the dough using a rolling pin and then use your favorite cookie cutter shape.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you know someone who would love to make these for their fur baby? Make sure to share the recipe with them!
You can watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these homemade Chicken and Rice Dog Treats.