If you’re like me you don’t mind a nice stiff drink now and again, just for the flavor of course!? Now have even more flavor by putting in some crazy dessert!
Talk about satisfying your grown up sweet tooth! Luscious chocolate with a warm bourbon undertone, all disguised as a equally delicious pecan pie!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust. Crimp the edges as you like to decorate. Place in the refrigerator until firm while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter, bourbon, and salt until well-combined. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven about 55 minutes, or until the center of the filling has set. Cover the edges of the pie with foil if the crust browns too quickly.
- Set the pie on a cooling rack to cool at least 1 hour prior to serving. Enjoy!