If you're in need of an easy, simple and totally fun recipe for this Halloween season look no further! Even the most novice of cooks can throw these together in a pinch!
To start all you need to do is bake off some refrigerated cookie dough and boom the hard part is done! Fillem' up with with a chocolate ganache, slap some googly eyes and marshmallow teeth on and you've got the tastiest little cookie sandwich ever!
- 1 tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- Edible googly eyes
- Begin by baking your chocolate chip cookies according to package directions. Remove from the oven, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate filling, pour the chopped chocolate into a medium heat-safe bowl.
- In a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat as soon as it comes to a boil, then pour the cream over the chopped chocolate. Let stand 2-3 minutes, allowing the chocolate to soften.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth, then add the butter, whisking once more until the butter has fully melted and is well-combined.
- Cover the chocolate mixture with plastic wrap touching the surface (this will prevent a film from developing), then cool on the counter for 2-4 hours.
- To assemble the cookies, partner your cookies into pairs putting similar sized cookies together.
- Place the first cookie face down, then pipe on some chocolate filling, making it thicker on one side. Place the top cookie on the chocolate layer, pressing down on one side to make it look like an open mouth.
- Use chocolate filling as "glue" to set your eyes on top. Cut out small "teeth" from the marshmallow, then add to the cookies.
- Serve immediately! Store any extras in an airtight container. Enjoy!