Cinco de Mayo Sombrero Cookies are so easy to make and look adorable for your festivities! They are absolutely scrumptious and you'll love how much they look like little sombreros!
Make a batch of sugar cookies, stick on some gum drops and get decorating! All you need is a #16 icing tip to make these cute little treats!
- Sugar cookie mix, plus required ingredients on the package
- Gum drops (1 for each cookie you will make)
- Buttercream frosting
- Gel food coloring (orange, violet, golden yellow, and teal)
- Piping bags
- Wilton #16 tip
- Make your sugar cookie dough and cut out circles using a cookie cutter, then bake according to the package directions.
- Use the bottom of a glass to press down cookie if puffy when removed from oven. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Attach a gum drop to the center of your cookies using a little frosting.
- Begin piping around the base of the brownie with the #16 tip.
- Continue piping, alternating colors as you wish.
- Add pom poms with the #2 tip around the perimeter of the cookie.