Nothing beats that summer heat in July and August. If you are fortunate to live in the south and get to enjoy summer all year round, I envy you! Basking in the sun on my back deck, reading a good book is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.
With summer comes so many treats that seem to be less enjoyable in cold weather. A nice refreshing beer on a patio or a summer sangria, a popsicle while going for a nice walk or a freshly scooped ice cream cone all scream summer.
One thing I admit I'm a little addicted to is coffee. In 86 degree weather, I cant say a hot cup of coffee mid afternoon is my go to. Summer time is all about the cold brew for me.
Cold brew coffee pops are exactly what I am craving as a coffee lover! Icy and refreshing while still giving me that afternoon pick-me and little added sweetness with the chocolate chips. Its coffee meets popsicle meets summer time treat! What more could you want ?!
Want more Popsicle recipes? Check out:
To make, combine 3/4 cup half and half and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Mix until fully dissolved.
Divide among Popsicle molds and add the chocolate chips. Freeze without the lid.
Combine cold brew, sugar and cream stir to dissolve and fully blend.
Pour over cream layer, add the lids and freeze.
Pop and enjoy on that sunny afternoon!
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of half and half cream
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup cold brew coffee
- In a measuring cup, combine ¾ cup half & half and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Divide among popsicle molds. Add 8 chocolate chips to each mold and freeze.
- Combine cold brew and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons half & half and stir.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer and divide coffee mixture among molds.
- Return to freezer and freeze until set, an additional 4 hours or overnight. Serve.