Tater tots are great by themselves but ever thought about dressing them up or creating a new an exciting dish with them? Let’s start with pizza!
Who would've thought tater tots as pizza crust, me that’s who! Topped with the usual suspects, gooey cheese, sauce and salty pepperoni. This is gluten free pizza that I would sink my teeth into!
- 1 bag of tater tots frozen
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a cast-iron skillet, arrange the tater tots in circles, filling the skillet completely.
- Bake the tater tots for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 375 degrees.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash the baked tater tots down until they form a solid crust.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the tater tot crust. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the pepperoni.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tater tot crust is golden.