Cookie Monster is all the rage this year, and these Cookie Monster Brownies are the perfect addition for a themed party, Halloween, or really, any old day when you're craving a novelty treat to take care of that sweet tooth.
These brownies are so simple to make from a boxed mix, and it's too much fun decorating with candy eyeballs and crushed cookies at the end! This dessert is uber sweet, so there's plenty to share - why not give it a try?
For the brownies:
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients required on the box
- 8 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
For the frosting:
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Blue food coloring
For the chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Mini chocolate chip cookies, for garnish
- Mini Oreo cookies, for garnish
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- To make the brownie layer, spread Oreo cookies in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions in a large mixing bowl, then pour the batter evenly over the Oreo cookies.
- Break the cookie dough off into pieces and press randomly into the brownie mix.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with chocolatey crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat together the butter, cream, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the powdered sugar in slowly, then beat another couple of minutes until well-combined. Fold in the crushed Oreos, then add the blue food coloring until frosting reaches your desired shade of blue. Spread the frosting evenly on top of the cooled brownie layer.
- To make the chocolate layer, microwave together the chocolate chips and heavy cream on 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Add in the light corn syrup and allow to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the frosting layer, then press mini chocolate chip and Oreo cookies, then place 2 candy eyeballs in random spots on top.
- Slice into bars and serve. Enjoy!
Do you know someone that would love these cookie monster brownies?