Meatball sandwiches are a classic meal that pretty much everyone loves. What better way to make them that with a crock pot?
Using a crock pot is the easiest way to make meatballs. No one really wants to spend all that time standing over a stove, so why not just set it all up and then leave it for a while. Nothing better to coming home to a cooked meal! Perfect for those busy nights when there is too much going on!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced Italian parsley
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef
- 1.5 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minces
- 6-8 sub rolls, sliced horizontally
- Shredded mozzarella
1. Add all of your ingredients for the sauce into the slow cooker an stir them together, turning the slow cooker onto high.
2. In a bowl, mix together your breadcrumbs with the milk.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
4. Add the egg mixture to the beef and sausage, mixing it up with your hands.
5. Mix in the breadcrumbs as well as the onion and garlic. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Form the meatballs from about 1/3 cup of meat mixture until you have all of the meat made into the meat balls, and then place them in the crock pot with the sauce and set it to cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 6.
7. When your meatballs are cooked, scoop some sauce onto the roll. Place about 3 or 4 meatballs into the bun (depending on the size of the roll) and drizzle some extra sauce.
8. Add cheese on top, and broil in the oven until melted.
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for those who want to have amazing meals without all the effort. These meatballs are so good you are going to love them!