Just when I thought I was done making poke cakes, my favorite pie came to mind and I had to make it!
Banoffee pie has simple flavors that translate perfectly to a delicious poke cake. With a rich chocolaty, caramely cake for a base and topped with fresh banana slices and banana pudding for the ultimate banana flavor!
All this needs is a perfectly cool scoop of vanilla ice cream to complete the dish! Like a banana cake split almost! Crunchy pieces of toffee, soft banana and pudding, chocolate cake and cool whip is a mashup heaven!
Super easy to make and feeds my whole family for the perfect afternoon treat! We make these cakes for birthdays, big family dinners or just because all year round! The kids love to help too! I guarantee your family will love these cakes as much as mine does!
Want more Poke Cake recipes? Check out:
Reese's Pieces Espresso Poke Cake
To make this, prepare box cake according to directions, adding in a package of butterscotch pudding mix. Bake according to box directions.
Once baked, poke holes roughly 1 inch apart over the entire cake.
Prepare banana pudding mix and pour over warm cake, smoothing it out and pushing it into the holes with a spatula. Chill completely before continuing.
Spread Cool Whip over the top of the chilled pudding.
Top with fresh banana slices and crushed walnuts for a nice added crunch.
Serve up right away and enjoy a blast of flavors all in one bite! Add a little scoop of ice cream for a banana split like combination!
- 1 chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- â…“ canola oil
- 1 banana pudding mix
- 8 oz cool whip
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 cups walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix both cake and pudding dry mixes with eggs, water and oil and pour into prepared 9 by 13 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and poke holes using the handle of a wooden spoon, while it's still warm.
- Prepare banana pudding mix and pour over warm cake, smoothing it out and pushing it into the holes with a spatula. Chill completely before continuing.
- Spread coolwhip over the top and garnish with sliced bananas and walnut pieces.
- Slice and enjoy!