The most iconic summer drink has been reinvented! Summer is all about grilling and cool drinks, now what happens if you put those things together? The answer is Grilled lemonade!
This isn't your mother's lemonade stand! Grilling the lemons make sure all the juice comes out not wasting a drop, also gives you a deeper, richer flavor and added sweetness from caramelizing your lemons!
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 6 medium lemons (or 3 extra-large lemons) halved
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 medium/large lemons, sliced (for garnish)
- 4 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
- Preheat an indoor grill or outdoor barbeque until very hot, making sure to oil lightly to make the surface nonstick.
- Sprinkle the cut sides of your lemon halves with a touch of sugar. Take your sliced lemons and sprinkle both sides with sugar. Place the cut side down of all the lemons on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes, or until grill marks appear, then remove to a plate to cool. Set your lemon slices aside for garnish later.
- Once lemon halves are cool to the touch but still warm, squeeze the juice from them into a strainer over a measuring cup until you have 1 full cup of lemon juice.
- Add the fresh lemon juice to a pitcher, then top it off with the simple syrup, water, and ice cubes.Fill up a glass and garnish with a grilled lemon slice. Enjoy!