Are you brave enough to try a bowl of worms? Don't worry, they're not real and actually taste delicious!
These Jell-O worms will make your Halloween party one to remember. Your kids are going to love how realistic they look, and you're going to love how easy they are to make.
Plastic flexible straws are the secret to making these creepy crawly treats. That little bendy bit in the straw is what really gives them their worm-like appearance.
Although the worms aren't difficult to make, they're a bit time consuming. Make sure to give yourself a day for the worms to set and a good 45 minutes to get them pushed out of the straws.
Give them a try and let us know how they are!
You can get the full list of ingredients and directions for how to make these worm treats below.
- Package of flexible straws
- Package of Raspberry Jell-O
- Whipping cream
- Green food coloring
- 3 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1 mason jar (larger jars will work better than smaller ones)
- Combine the raspberry Jell-o and unflavored gelatin in a large bowl or large measuring cup and add 3 cups of boiling water.
- Stir the mixture until the gelatin is dissolved and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- While that's setting in the fridge, stretch open all the straws (kids can help with this part!)
- Fill your mason jar with the straws. Make sure to put the bendy part of the straws at the bottom.
- Measure our 3/4 cups whipping cream and add at least 15 drops of green food coloring.
- Take your gelatin mixture out of the fridge and transfer to a large measuring cup with a spout (this will make pouring easier). Add your whipping cream mixture to the Jell-o and stir until combined.
- Pour Jell-O on top of the straws in the mason jar. Once filled place in fridge for 24 hours to set.
- To get your worms out of the straws run them under hot water until leftover Jell-O pieces are washed off.
- Next, pinch the top of the straw and slide your fingers down to squeeze out the worm from the other end. This will take a bit of time, but it's worth it!
- Now your Jell-O Worms are ready to eat - if you dare!
Do you know someone who would love to try making these Jell-O worms for Halloween? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
You can watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these creepy crawly treats. Enjoy and don't forget to have fun!