Two things are for sure everybody loves turtles and everybody loves poke cakes! Obviously I had to put these together!
Starting with your favorite chocolate cake mix and adding silky smooth caramel sauce, crunchy pecans and of course even more chocolate on top, all you’ll say is mmmmmmm… I love turtles!
Turtles are one of those candies that I think shouldn't be limited to just around the holidays. I go nuts for them when they come and end up eating far more than my years worth in one sitting. Not that that is so painful but still, having them year round will definitely be beneficial to my sweet tooth.
This cake gives me exactly what I need. All the chocolatey, caramely, crunchy goodness of the real thing all year round! PLUS the portion size of this lets me share! Or not... depending on my mood ;) Enjoy a turtles poke cake anytime!
Want more poke cake recipes? Check out:
To make this simple and delicious cake, bake ahead your box cake according to package directions. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make small holes all over the surface of the cake roughly 1 inch apart.
Pour 8 ounces of the caramel ice cream topping over the cake, spreading to cover. Let sit until cooled.
Mix frosting with the 4 oz of caramel sauce.
Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
Sprinkle with crushed pecans and mini chocolate chips.
And you're done! If you are a real caramel lover, drizzle a little more over the top just for fun! Cut up a slice and enjoy with family, friends or just by your wonderful self!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the box.
- 12 ounces caramel sauce
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup pecan pieces
- 1 tub(16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, and bake in 9 x 13 pan. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make small holes all over the surface of the cake. Pour 8 ounces of the caramel ice cream topping over the cake, spreading to cover. Let sit until cooled.
- Mix 4 oz of caramel with the chocolate icing.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce, and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips and pecans.