Queen Elizabeth II has been the Queen of the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand since 1952. She's also the Head of the Commonwealth, so she's the queen of a dozen other countries that have become independent, such as Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Papua New Guinea.
Elizabeth's life hasn't been much of a secret because of her worldwide fame. We've kept tabs on all stage of her life, through the thick and the thin, but that doesn't mean everyone knows every single detail about her.
Here are 10 facts you may not have known about the daughter of King George VI.
10. Queen Elizabeth II is the longest reigning monarch in British history.
She is currently 91-years-old, and has been Queen since she was 25.
9. She celebrates her birthday twice a year.
The Queen was born on April 21, 1926, but her official birthday is celebrated in June because the weather is nicer for a parade.
8. She never went to school.
The Queen was home-schooled by private tutors.
7. The Queen has owned more than 30 corgis during her reign.
She currently has two corgis.
6. Her childhood nickname was "Lilibet".
These next facts are royally amazing.