Burgers from scratch are easy to make but these are insanely easy! No patties to form, no buns to bake! Could this be real!?
Pillsbury dough is the secret here, pop the fluffy biscuit dough right into a muffin tin and fill them up with beef and gooey cheese. As soon as they come out of the oven top with any of your favorite burger toppings and everyone can customize their own!
These freeze really well. I make them ahead of time for the week and take them to work or give them to my kids for a high protein snack during the day. Make enough of them and they are the perfect full meal burgers for kids, just a little less messy.
So many options with these, change up the cheese, the meat and the toppings. You can really make them to perfectly suit your tastes. Try them out with your family this week! They will not disappoint. Satisfy that afternoon hunger or a enjoy a delicious little treat any time of day.
Want to make these? Prepare muffin tin with non stick cook spray. Using 2 biscuits, combine to make 1.
Press together to make one larger piece of dough.
Press the dough into each of the muffin tins creating a cup.
In a large skillet, cook bacon, beef and onion; heat to medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
Divide beef mixture evenly among muffin cups.
Add a dollop of ketchup to each cup and any other condiments you may desire.
Top each one with cheese.
Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Take to work or put in the kids lunches for school. These tasty little treats will freeze well and perfect for anything on the go!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tube pillsbury biscuit dough
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 slices American cheese, each cut in four pieces
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tin with non cook spray. Press biscuit dough into into muffin tin.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon, beef and onion; heat to medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among muffin cups and top each with 1 teaspoon ketchup. Top each one with cheese.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.