This Fish in a Bag Soap will take you back to the carnival days, bringing home a goldfish in a bag to enjoy as a new pet at home.
Melt down some clear soap and place a plastic fish inside for a great novelty gift for the upcoming holidays! A child would love using this soap in the bath and revealing the plastic fish to play with!
- Clear plastic gift bag, at least 4 inches wide x 8 inches tall, 1.5 millimeters thick
- 8 ounces clear glycerin soap
- Heat-safe measuring cup
- Double-boiler or microwave
- Rubbing alcohol spray
- Plastic fish
- Open up and stand the plastic bag up, cuffing the top to create an opening.
- Melt down 4 ounces of the soap in the measuring cup over a double-boiler or in the microwave.
- Pour the melted soap into the bag, keeping it standing up, then spray with rubbing alcohol until the bubbles disappear. Cool and harden for about 1 hour.
- Melt down the remaining soap, then pour a small amount of soap on top of the cooled soap in the bag. Spray once more with alcohol until bubbles disappear, then place the plastic fish in the melted soap layer, letting it set 15 minutes to hold in place.
- Pour the remaining melted soap over the fish, spraying with alcohol once more, then pull the bag together over the soap and hold closed with a clothespin. Allow to cool another 15 minutes.
- Remove the clothespin, then seal with ribbon. This works great as an adorable novelty gift!