Halloween is coming up fast and it's time to think of some spooky treats to make for the kiddos! These Frankenstein Rice Krispies are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (and adults). Not only are they delicious, but they're a really simple treat to make. They're just like your favorite childhood treat, but transformed into creepy - and delicious - monsters.
Don't forget to share this recipe with all your Halloween loving friends!
The fun thing about these treats are that they're easy to customize and play around with.
Why not put them on Popsicle sticks for a fun, portable dessert?
Or you can add details like neck bolts by adding pretzels, mini marshmallows or mini peanut butter cups to the sides of your monster.
You can even make one, giant monster treat that you can cut into like a cake!
Don't forget to enlist some help from your kids! They'll love putting these little monster treats together.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbs butter
- Green food coloring
- Melted chocolate (chocolate chips or candy melts will work!)
- Candy eyes
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add your marshmallows. Stir until everything is melted.
- Add about 10 drops of green food coloring (or until you're happy with the color of green).
- Add the cereal to the pot and stir to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and press flat. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Dip the tops of your treats into the melted chocolate and lay on a piece of wax paper.
- Add your candy eyes to your monsters using the chocolate as "glue".
- Fill a ziplock bag with some of the chocolate, cut off an end and use to draw a mouth on your monster.
- Let your treats sit for about 20 minutes (until the chocolate has hardened). Enjoy!
Do you know someone who would love these sweet Halloween treats? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
Watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these Frankenstein Rice Krispies.