Skin tags are harmless but they can be extremely annoying especially when they appear in obvious places for all to see.
The growths appear as tiny flaps of skin and are caused “by irritation from skin rubbing on skin or on clothing” and also found in “areas of friction like around the neck, under the arms and by the groin,” explains Dr. Bruce Katz, a NYC-based dermatologist.
If you’re prone to getting these little bumps on your skin, you’re definitely not alone. About 1 in 4 people get them and factors like genetics and weight can play a role in their development.
Since they’re benign, removing them is very easy. You can opt for a dermatologist assisted removal, an over-the-counter solution or do it yourself at home!
You only need one product and you probably already have it in your pantry.
There are a ton of home remedies you can use to get rid of skin tags on your body. Organic apple cider vinegar is one of them.
ACV offers a safe, natural and pain-free way to remove skin tags and will prevent infections from developing once the tag is off.
The vinegar removes the skin tag by killing the excess tissue causing the growth without affecting the skin around it.
So save yourself a trip to the clinic and use this DIY removal process to get rid of skin tags anywhere on your body.
- Wash the affected area thoroughly with warm water and soap, then dry.
- Soak a cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar and squeeze out any excess liquid
- Place the soaked cotton ball onto the skin tag and hold for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ball and clean the area again to get rid of the vinegar smell
- Repeat process daily until the tag begins to change color and fall off.
It's that easy! Let us know if you plan on trying this method.
[Source: Healthy focus]