Your furry friends are going to love these Halloween treats. Mummy Bones are a delicious peanut butter and pumpkin dog treat that your pets will love all year round. You can keep these treats in an airtight container for about 3 weeks, or you can put them in the freezer and they'll stay fresh for 3 months.
- 1/2 cup natural (sugar free) peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- melting yogurt chips or white chocolate (white chocolate is safe for dogs)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the egg, almond milk, honey, pumpkin, peanut butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and whole wheat flour.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter (we used a bone shaped one) to cut out your treats. Place the treats on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- If you choose to ice the treats, melt your yogurt chips or white chocolate. Dip or drizzle your treats with the melted yogurt or white chocolate. Your treats are now ready for your pups to enjoy!