Who says Halloween can't be fun for pets? Your furry friends can get in on the spooky excitement with these homemade Halloween treats.
Mummy Bones are a delicious peanut butter and pumpkin dog treat that your fur babies will love this fall season, or all year round. You can keep these treats in an airtight container for about 3 weeks, or you can put them in the freezer and they'll stay fresh for 3 months.
Scroll down to see how to make these super fun Mummy Bone Treats for your pup!
- 1/2 cup natural (sugar free) peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- melting yogurt chips or white chocolate (white chocolate is safe for dogs)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the egg, almond milk, honey, pumpkin, peanut butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and whole wheat flour.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter (we used a bone shaped one) to cut out your treats. Place the treats on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- If you choose to ice the treats, melt your yogurt chips or white chocolate. Dip or drizzle your treats with the melted yogurt or white chocolate. Your treats are now ready for your pups to enjoy!
It's important to remember NOT to feed these to your dog if they have an allergy to any of the ingredients.
Do you know someone who would make these treats for their pup? Make sure to share the recipe with them!
Have you ever tried making homemade dog treats? How did they turn out? Let us know!
Check out our video below that shows you step by step how to make these irresistible Mummy Bone dog treats. Enjoy!