BBQ, BEER, BACON! Need I say more?! For the first time ever I decided to put all these amazing things into one incredible backyard dining experience.
Grilled bacon is a new trend that won’t be going out of style anytime soon! Smoky grilled bacon glazed in beer topped with crunchy peanuts and a pinch of green onions for a bit of freshness. Don’t forget to serve with ice cold beer to get the whole experience!
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon
- 8-12 metal skewers
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dark lager
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Oil grates.
- Combine honey, dark lager, grainy mustard and dry mustard in a small pot; set over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Thread bacon onto 6–8 skewers, folding back and forth in accordion style, and grill over indirect heat, turning every minute or so, until browned and crisp, 10–12 minutes. Baste with reserved glaze, turning every 30 seconds or so, until lacquered and slightly sticky, about 3 minutes (move to an even cooler spot if needed to keep glaze from scorching).
- Serve bacon with crushed peanuts and sliced green onions.