Does it take you a lot of elbow grease until you finally clean your home during the holidays?
If yes, these 10 hacks for achieving a spotless home will make your holiday season much more enjoyable.
This month is supposed to be a time of relaxation and spending quality time with your family, not running around with yellow gloves and cleaning products trying to clean your home for when your family arrives, or to get ready for the new year.
1. Use Mr. Clean's Magic Erasers to clean your keyboard.
Turn off your laptop or computer and wipe away all that finger grime!
2. Clean your microwave without having to scrub hard to get rid of that grease.
Pour vinegar in a small bowl and wait for it to boil in the microwave. The steam from the vinegar will make it easier to clean the insides. Now all you have to do is wipe down with a moist towel.
3. Get your home smelling delicious with vanilla extract.
Pour water and a little bit of vanilla extract in a baking dish. Then set your oven to 350 degrees, and turn it off after you rid your home of a stale or unwanted smell.
4. Use old socks to clean your blinds.
This is much cheaper and more useful than fancy feather dusters. You can also puncture a hole in two dish sponges and insert them into tongs to easily remove the thick dust on your blinds without ever having to touch them.
5. Eliminate that stale bedroom smell by cleaning your mattress with baking soda.
If you've ever walked in your room and smelt something funky, it's probably coming from your mattress. Remove your fitted sheet and sprinkle some baking soda on the mattress. Wait 10 minutes then vacuum up the powder.
These next hacks are lifesavers!
6. Clean the drain in your sink with a few common household items.
Sprinkle the surface of your kitchen sink with baking soda, then scrub with a toothbrush. Slice up lemon and place it in the drain opening, and let hot water run over it to clean the grime in your drain.
7. Rub faucets with wax paper.
The wax will help to prevent water spots, finger prints, grime, and everything else that makes your stainless steel beauties look like they've never been washed before.
8. Use an iron to remove stubborn stains from carpet.
Make sure to put a washcloth between the iron and the carpet to avoid burns. Then, let the steam get to work on lifting those stubborn stains.
9. Use car wax to keep dust off your vents.
Cleaning air vents is cumbersome and boring. To help make your life easier, use car wax to clean your vents, and the best part is that they'll stay dust-free longer!
10. Clean in between the glass on your oven with a coat hangar.
Attach a moist cloth to a metal coat hangar and get access in between the glass on your oven through the bottom of your oven door.
Which hack will be most useful for you this holiday season? Let us know!