Summertime is the best time for fruit salad - a perfectly ripe variety of fruit ready to be chopped up together and thrown into a deliciously tasty bowl? Yes, please!
We decided to take fruit salad to a whole new level with this scrumptious Grilled Fruit Salad. Yes, you heard that right - skewer your favorite fruits and get them on the BBQ for a caramelized, smoky flavor that will wow your taste buds! Don't forget that honey glaze to go along with it...this will be a hit at your next backyard shindig!
- Fresh peaches, pineapple, strawberries, watermelon, kiwi (or whatever fruits you like!
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey, plus more for topping if desired
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Wash fruit, then cut larger fruit into chunks, and thread onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, ensure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes before using).
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and honey. Lightly brush the skewers with the oil and honey mixture, then place on the grill.
- Grill 2 minutes minutes per side, or until grill marks show.
- Remove skewers from grill and onto a cutting board. Chop fruit into rough chunks and add to a serving bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over fruit and add zest. Drizzle more honey over fruit if desired.
- Toss gently and serve at once.