Uplifting | Trending

Homeless Man Risks His Life To Save Babies From Burning Building

A homeless man is being called a hero after he risked his own life to save two young children after a fire broke out in an apartment. The 10-month-old baby boy and 3-year-old girl were being babysat by their grandfather when the fire broke out.

Anival Angulo lives on the streets but was near the apartment building when he heard the screams of the children. He had to jump a fence to get to the door, but he wasn't going to let it slow him down.

He was able to get over the locked fence and through a dead-bolted door before the entire room filled with smoke. "Went to the door and saw the babies, so I jumped the fence and I pulled on the screen door and I wrapped up the babies and pulled them out,” Angulo said. “I knew I had to get them out.”

The fire department was called and they revealed just how close they had come to disaster...

The fire started on the stove while the grandfather who was babysitting went to the back room. The children were in the living room, but it spread so quickly that it made it impossible for the grandfather to get back to them.

Las Vegas Fire And Rescue

Angulo however was in the right place at the right time, and was able to get the kids out before it got too bad. After they were brought out of the building, the kids were both taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, but it could have ended up a lot worse.

“It’s obvious if this person hadn’t been there, these children could’ve been burned or may have been killed in the fire,” Tim Szymanski, public information officer, said.

The fire was contained after twenty minutes, and while the apartment is damaged, at least thanks to Anival Angulo, everyone escaped with their lives.

Tanya has been writing for Shared for two years. She spends too much time thinking about dogs, Marvel movies, and ice cream. You can reach me at tanya@shared.com