With a busy schedule, it's often hard to make time to go to the gym.
Whether you are swamped with work, have a toddler to take care of, or a packed family schedule, the gym ends up falling down on the priority list.
With these simple exercises you can have the abs you have always wanted with nothing more than a chair and 10 minutes a day.
Add this to your daily routine and see some results!
- Stand behind the chair, placing your hands on the back rest
- Take a few steps back, slightly bending your knees until your chest is parallel to the floor
- Slowly turn to the left, lefting your left hand over your ear.
- Repeat 20 times, alternating sides.
Twists not only help to work the oblique muscles in your core, but aid in digestion by sending fresh blood to your organs.
- Lie on your back, moving closer to your chair so that you can place your feet on the seat
- Put your hands behind your head
- Raise your shoulder blades off the floor using your ab muscles until you touch your right elbow with your left knee
- Repeat 20 times, alternating sides
More Excerises on the Next Page
Now that it's spring, we are all thinking about our beach bodies and trying to fit into our shorts from last night.
If you had a 'heavier' winter than you were hoping, these simple movements will really build those abs muscles and tighten your core.
Have a bit more time? Check out these 11 Core Exercises to Tighten Your Core.
- Sit on the edge of your chair, bend your knees and place your palms behind you
- Slide forward until you buttock is no longer on the chair
- Raise the straight left leg keeping it parallel to the floor
- Repeat 20 times, alternating legs
Leg lifts completely isolate the rectus abdominis -- the muscle responsible for adding tone to your tummy. Done in the right frequency, you will be able burn calories while strengthening your muscles.
- Lean on the edge of the chair and straighten your body in a line
- Keep your back straight in the plank position
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Attempt to increase the time by 10 seconds each day
In the plank position your entire core tightens without putting stress on your neck, back and spine.
- Take the same position as Leg Raises only bend your knees at 90 degrees
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
- Bend your elbow, and lower down. Then raise back completely straightening your arms
- Repeat 20 times
What's a good workout without squats? This exercise engages your lower body and core which gives you a fully-rounded workout.
Will you start trying these simple exercises to tighten your tummy?
Done with your tummy? Move to to your upper body with these exercises.