No need to search through numerous boxes of cereal anymore to get those tasty little marshmallow treats, instead, you can make them on your own! You can choose the color, the shape, and the size....decision is completely yours!
- 8 ounce mini marshmallows
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- food coloring
- Place marshmallows in a medium bowl along with 4 Tbsp of water.
- Microwave the marshmallows for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Transfer 1/4 of mixture to the bowl of a countertop mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Add 4 ounces of sifted powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening.
- Add several drops of desired food coloring.
- Set mixer to medium-high until well combined.
- Turn marshmallow mixture out onto countertop and continue kneading by hand until the mixture reaches a uniform color and is no longer sticky.
- Roll marshmallow out until about 1/2" thick. Cut desired shapes.
- Repeat process 3 more times with different colors.