Well all know that Hugh Jackman is a food lover with his Instagram pictures of pastries that would make any carb lover fill with envy.
So he must get his love of food from someone in his family.
Turns out that someone is his mom!
The former X-Men star, posted a photo of his mom's handwritten recipe for "Hughby's Favorite Crème Caramel Cake".
Appropriately, an hour later he posted a photo of the completed dessert, with the caption "The result of Mum's Creme Caramel!"
Better known as flan in the U.S. this Crème Caramel cake, his variation of the dessert looked nothing short of professional.
Get The Recipe on the next page.
After hanging up his claws, after what is arguably the best Marvel movie yet, the Logan star seems to have some skill in the kitchen.
A few weeks ago, the Australian actor posted a photo of him and his mom in the kitchen making cashew-nut flapjacks for breakfast together.
Family is obviously a big part of Hugh's life. His wife Deborra-Lee of 21 years share 2 adoptive children Oscar and Ava together.
Hughby's Favourite Creme Caramel Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Level Tablespoons Vanilla Sugar
- 16 Ounces Whole Milk
- 8 Ounces Cream
- Make caramel by heating sugar and water in a small sauce pan until it caramelizes.
- Pour into 40 ounce souffle dish and quickly swirl around the bottom and side of the dish.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Stir in warm milk and the cream.
- Pour into dish and place into roasting pan with cold water.
- Bake a 320 degrees F until the custard is set (at least 1 hour).
- Let cool.
- Place in the fridge to fully chill.
- Run a knife around the inside edge and turn out into a serving dish.
The secret behind the recipe? As his mother notes in the end, "Cooking is an act of love."