In a tragic, freak incident, a woman has become the very first person in the state of Missouri to contract a disease passed on by ticks known as the Bourbon virus – and the fifth known, confirmed case of this virus all around the world since its discovery in 2014.
Image Credit: N/A When Tamela Wilson removed two ticks from her body during the Memorial Day weekend, she began feeling a little strange. She went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a UTI, which seemed reasonable to all involved at the time. But the antibiotics she was given didn’t help, and her condition worsened every day.
Image Credit: fox 6 Doctors were stumped and labelled her a medical mystery. They tried to help her, but nothing worked, and Wilson passed away on the 23rd of June.
Image Credit: fox 6
The post Mom Dead After Bite From Common Pest, Family Now Warning Others appeared first on Relay Hero.