Animals | Dogs

Vet Preps This Paralyzed Dog For Euthanasia. Then He Notices Something Behind His Ear

Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital

This story serves as a warning to us pet owners – beware of the unwelcome guests that live and feed on your pets!

Meet Ollie, a sheltie who experienced a close shave with death due to the local brown dog tick.

The 10-year-old Shetland Sheepdog was rendered paralyzed and unable to move. His owners thought that it was due to a joint disease. Alarmed, they brought him to the nearest animal clinic.

Ollie was brought DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, where veterinarian Dr. Adam Stone and intern Neena Golden examined him closely. He had a lump on his ear, and it was found to be a tick.

Ticks, especially brown dog ticks, are extremely dangerous.

Their saliva paralyses the dog causing a loss of voluntary movement, while the ticks’ young multiply and reproduce, feeding on the dog.

The tick was removed from Ollie, and soon the sheltie was back to its joyful self again!

Thankfully, Ollie remains pest-free ever since this incident. Share this story now!

The post Vet Preps This Paralyzed Dog For Euthanasia. Then He Notices Something Behind His Ear appeared first on Relay Hero.

Popular Videos

Related Articles