Many of us really enjoy the smell of roses, but only some are aware of their amazing therapeutic properties.
Apparently, rose essential oil, which is created through a simple steam distillation process, is a potent natural remedy in the treatment of various health conditions. Additionally, this essential oil has been commonly used in natural beauty treatments for millennia.
It is actually made by extracting Rosa damascena and is a rich source of multiple medicinal compounds, that heal the body in various ways, such as:
- Eugenol – This is actually the powerhouse behind clove, the richest antioxidant
- Farnesol – it is a strong natural pesticide
- Nerol – It is a sweet-smelling aromatic antibiotic compound
- Citronella – It effectively repels mosquitoes
- Citral – This is a potent antimicrobial that is essential for the synthesis of vitamin A
- Citronellyl Acetate – It provides the aroma and flavor of roses
- Methyl Eugenol – it offers powerful local antiseptic and anesthetic properties
- Carvone – it helps digestion
- Phenyl Acetaldehyde – a sweet-smelling and aromatic compound
- Phenyl Geraniol – it is the natural form of geraniol
The antiviral, antiseptic, and astringent properties of this essential oil fight inflammation and heal wounds and skin conditions.
Here are the benefits of its use:
- Heals Skin
This oil has powerful antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that soothe skin issues and conditions, and fight bacteria that cause them.
2. Balances Hormones
Since it acts as a natural anti-anxiety agent, this oil reduces stress, boosts libido, and balances the hormones. Just rub a few tablespoons on the neck to balance your hormones.
3. Treats Wounds
Rose essential oil treats wounds, prevents infections, and accelerates their healing when applied topically.
4. Treats Depression
Studies have found that rose essential oil soothes depression and anxiety symptoms in postpartum, in a combination with lavender oil. To improve your mood and fight depression, diffuse lavender and rose oil at home.
5. Protects Against Viruses
It is a strong antiviral that boosts the immune system and prevents viral infections.
6. Reduces Inflammation
The anti-inflammatory properties of rose essential oil treat indigestion, fever, and alleviate pain due to gout and arthritis.
7. Relieves Menstruation Pain
Since it has antispasmodic properties, this essential oil will relieve the menstrual cramps, alleviate the pain, and prevent fatigue and nausea. You should apply it topically on the belly area or diffuse it.
Check out the following video to learn how to make this essential oil at home:
The post The Essential Oil That Balances Hormones, Reduces Inflammation & Heals Your Skin appeared first on The Healthy Food House.