Many of us really enjoy the smell of roses, but only some are aware of their amazing therapeutic properties.
Apparently, rose essential oil, which is created through a simple steam distillation process, is a potent natural remedy in the treatment of various health conditions. Additionally, this essential oil has been commonly used in natural beauty treatments for millennia.
It is actually made by extracting Rosa damascena and is a rich source of multiple medicinal compounds, that heal the body in various ways, such as:
- Eugenol – This is actually the powerhouse behind clove, the richest antioxidant
- Farnesol – it is a strong natural pesticide
- Nerol – It is a sweet-smelling aromatic antibiotic compound
- Citronella – It effectively repels mosquitoes
- Citral – This is a potent antimicrobial that is essential for the synthesis of vitamin A
- Citronellyl Acetate – It provides the aroma and flavor of roses
- Methyl Eugenol – it offers powerful local antiseptic and anesthetic properties
- Carvone – it helps digestion
- Phenyl Acetaldehyde – a sweet-smelling and aromatic compound
- Phenyl Geraniol – it is the natural form of geraniol
The antiviral, antiseptic, and astringent properties of this essential oil fight inflammation and heal wounds and skin conditions.