Dinner shouldn’t take all day to make and with the help of my new favorite toy…….the Instant Pot!!!! Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes flat almost every time!
Chili is a staple in every home, it’s cheap and will feed the whole family with no complaints. Leave the can in the cupboard and make it from scratch to get that perfect flavor and bragging rights!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 red bell peppers seeded and cubed
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2½ cups beef stock
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 6 large buns
- Garnish Options: grated cheese, sour cream, green onion
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté, cook together olive oil, peppers and garlic until softened adding a dash of salt.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, coriander, and oregano. Stir for several seconds until spices become aromatic (approx. 30 seconds).
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add in the water, tomatoes, and beans. Turn sauté setting off and reset the pressure cooker to high for 15 minutes. Allow approximately 30 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to the correct pressure in which it will begin cooking.
- Following, let the pressure cooker release on its own for 15-20 minutes. If not unseal the valve manually.
- Cut a 3-4 inch hole in the top of the bun, creating a bowl.
- Serve chili in your freshly created bread bowls and top with any desired fixings!