Unless you've tucked yourself under a rock, then you've been subjected to all the hype surrounding one of the trendiest kitchen appliances in the market: The Instant Pot.
Everyone had the coveted multi-cooker on their Christmas wish list, and bloggers have filled their websites with all sorts of recipes tailored for the appliance. But unfortunately, not everyone has been able to reap the full benefits of the electric pressure cooker.
A concerned Instant Pot owner posted a number of photos on Facebook and explained that she only used her unit four times before the bottom melted and burned the wires.
Turns out, her case was not an isolated one. There have a been a batch of the popular electric cookers that have been overheating and melting, and after receiving multiple reports concerning this, the company shared a warning on social media, urging customers to check their units.
"We have received a small number of reports the Gem 8-in-1 multi-cooker overheating, resulting in localized melting damage to the underside of the product," read a statement issued to local TV station KTNV.
Although not an official recall, the company is urging customers to return pots that could potentially be dangerous.