Poke cakes are getting to be a big part in my life, everybody wants me to make them one for every occasion! Christmas is here and so here’s your christmasy poke cake.
Obviously red velvet will be the cake base and any box mix will do as long as it is red. Secondly a creamy vanilla pudding layer and top it off with a fluffy green whipped cream layer covered in festive sprinkles and faux snow flakes which are actually shaved white chocolate!
For the cake:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix + ingredients required on the box
For the filling:
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Green food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- Green sprinkles
- Other Christmas-themed sprinkles, as desired
- White chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the red velvet cake mix and ingredients required on the box. Pour the batter in the prepared baking dish, and bake about 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, then poke holes all over the cake using the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until well-combined. Let sit 5 minutes, then pour over the cake, spreading it evenly so some gets in the poked holes. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours, until cooled and set.
- Once set, in a medium bowl, stir together the Cool Whip with a few drops green food coloring. Stir together, adding more food coloring as needed until you reach the desired color.
- Spread evenly on top of the set cake, then sprinkle with white chocolate curls, and desired sprinkles. Set in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!