Every time I think of JELL-O I think of a dessert my grandma always used to make. Every big family meal for holiday or just because, she always made her layered JELL-O. There was a little bit of nostalgia for me with these little bite size versions. They brought back some fond memories of her famous rainbow JELL-O I had as a kid.
With a little added sugar because I'm not sweet enough, these bite sized treats are perfect for my little kiddos to eat on the go! Nothing like a little afternoon sugar rush before you drop the kiddos off at grandmas house, AM I RIGHT?
- 2 packets of JELL-O (any flavor your heart desires)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together JELL-O and boiling water stirring continuously until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add in marshmallows while water is still hot and allow the marshmallow to swell. If the water is too cool you can place the mixture in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to help melt the marshmallows slightly.
- Once melted, whisk together until smooth and fully blended.
- Pour marshmallow JELL-O into a 9 x 9 square pan. Ensure the pan is lightly greased or lined with parchment to ensure easy removal later.
- Place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of one hour.
- For a layered effect, repeat steps 1- 5 as desired.
- Once complete and set, gently score the edges of your mold and flip onto a flat surface to remove without breaking.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Roll your cutouts into sugar until fully covered and serve!
- If you wish to be fancy, cut long, 1 inch pieces and roll. Placing on lollipop stick to serve. Coat in sugar and enjoy!