No need to do any baking for summer birthdays anymore! Triple Melon Cake is your healthy alternative to beat the heat!
Fresh, juicy melons are the star of this summertime dessert. Light and creamy whipped cream covers this whimsical cake for added sweetness. Summer will never taste the same after one bite of this refreshing dessert!
- 1 watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew
- ¾ cup white grape juice
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla into stiff peaks. Chill in the fridge for use later.
- Slice the cantaloupe and honeydew in half. Remove seeds. Using one half of each melon, use a melon baller to scoop the fruit into several balls. Add the balls in a bowl, along with white grape juice, lemon zest and its juice, and mint. Mix gently and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice of the top and bottom of the watermelon. Stand it up, and trim off the rind to form a straight, circular edge. Using a long serrated knife, hold it vertically around the center and cut out a cylinder from the watermelon. Cut two slices to seal the hole later. Dry the whole watermelon with paper towels. Place one of the watermelon circle slices inside the hole. Dry melon balls and place in the hole. Top with the remaining slice.
- Use a spatula to cover the watermelon with the whipped cream. Garnish with more melon balls on top.