These aren't your regular candy lollipops...but man are they good! The deliciousness of this recipe is over-the-top delicious, and the meat comes out of the oven juicy, tender and super tasty. Are you drooling yet?
Hot Hot Sweet Chicken Lollipops are a really fun chicken recipe that's guaranteed to impress your friends and family and leave them wanting seconds.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons Maple/Bacon BBQ rub
- 4 tablespoons Chipotle BBQ rub
- Canola oil
For the Glaze
- ½ cup Sriracha Sauce
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
- In a small bowl mix the Sriracha and BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Cut around the thin end bone tip of each chicken drumstick.
- Separate the skin and tendons attached to the narrow end of the drumstick and push the meat down toward the thick end. You now have a "lollipop." Repeat procedure for the rest of the drumsticks.
- Generously sprinkle the drumsticks with Maple/Bacon BBQ Rub and Chipotle Rub.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Roast chicken for 40 minutes, turning often until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Glaze the chicken.
- Roast for an additional 10 - 15 minutes to set the sauce.
- Remove from oven and serve.