Corn on the cob is great and everything,, but Corny Corn Dogs?! Once you try this once, you won’t be able to get enough!
Leave the hot dogs at home, because these Corny Corn Dogs are basically corn on the cob Pogos with a cornbread batter! Once these come out of the fryer, brush them with melted butter and Parmesan for a dinnertime treat you’ll love!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 16 wooden skewers
- 8 corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- In a large pot place uncooked corn and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes. Strain, cool and cut in half.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, white sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk and egg to the bowl and whisk well.
- Heat oil in a large pot or deep fryer until it reaches 350 degrees.
- While oil is heating, insert wooden skewers into cooked corn.
- Dip/roll skewered corn into batter until completely covered.
- Cooking 2-3 corn dogs at a time, cook in oil until golden brown in color, about 3 minutes. Set on paper towels once cooked to drain off any excess oil.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.