If you're a wine lover like myself, than you're well aware of the fact that a good bottle of wine can also be a bit pricey. No need to fret though, we have a fix for that....make you're own!
If you have one of those new Instant Pot's at home, you can make your very own homemade wine! It does take a bit of time to do, but in the end, you have a delicious bottle of red for a quarter of the price you would pay at the store. Who's up for giving it a try?
- Welch's grape juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 a pack of wine yeast
- Remove 1 cup of grape juice from the bottle and set aside.
- Using a funnel, add your 1 cup of sugar to the remaining grape juice inside the bottle and place the cap on the bottle tightly. Begin to shake the bottle until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has been dissolved, open the lid and pour in your 1/2 a pack of wine yeast. Return the lid onto the bottle and lightly shake the bottle back and forth.
- Pour the entire contents of the bottle inside your Instant Pot along with the 1 cup of grape juice that you had set aside.
- Close and lock the lid to your Instant Pot. Press the yogurt button and then press less. DO NOT CLOSE THE VENT ON YOUR LID.
- Let the Instant Pot run for 48 hours, and every 8 hours alternate closing and opening the vent lid.
- After the 48 hours, transfer the wine back into the grape juice bottle and place the lid loosely over the top. (if it is tight, the carbon monoxide build up will blow the top off).
- Allow the wine to sit in the bottle for a minimum of 5 days to allow the fizz to go away and then you can enjoy. However, if you still find it fizzy, you can allow it to sit longer (I let mine sit for about 15 days, but it was well worth it).