I love pie, and if I'm being totally honest, I could eat an entire pie to myself! While it's tempting to indulge like that, my health and waistline wouldn't be too pleased.
If you're like me and have no self control when it comes to pie serving sizes, then these mason jar pies are perfect for you! Not only are they super cute, but they're also great for portion control. Each pie comes in it's own little mason jar, so you don't have to worry about eating too much. Make enough for your guests to eat for dessert or to take home as a gift!
The great thing about this recipe is that it works for all pie flavors. Why not give some mini pecan pies a try?
Or you could try using different shaped mason jars, or topping them with a crumble crust like these blackberry/raspberry pies.
Or if you're feeling ambitious, top your pies with a beautiful lattice crust.
If you're not into sweet pies, you can totally tweak this recipe so that it's savory instead. Check out these adorable Mason Jar Chicken Pot Pies!
Whatever flavors you choose, you and your family are guaranteed to love these adorable mason jar pies.
You can get the full list of ingredients and directions below. Let us know how they turn out, and don't forget to have fun!
- 3, 9 inch pie crusts (store bought works great for this)
- Pie filling (we used pumpkin pie, but you could try apple, blueberry, cherry...whatever flavors you like!)
- 12 half pint wide-mouth mason jars
- Cut a strip of pie crust that will fill the sides of your mason jar. Use the ring from one of your lids to cut a circle of crust for the bottom of your jar. Place both pieces inside your mason jar and press into sides and bottom of jar to keep secure.
- Fill the jar with your pie filling and top with a cute acorn cutout from your excess crust.
- Bake your pies according to the package directions on your crust or according to the pie recipe you used.
- Once baked and cooled, they're ready to serve!
Do you know someone who would love this mason jar pie recipe? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
Check out our video below that shows you step by step how to make these delicious mason jar pies.