Meat lovers pizza is where it's at! If you love the crunch of spring rolls, but can't get enough of ooey gooey cheesy pizza, this recipe for Meat Lovers Pizza Rolls is for you!
Mix three different meats with two different cheeses, sauce, herbs and seasoning, then roll it all up in a spring roll wrapper! Give these a fry for an appetizer so good you won't want to share!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Spring roll wrappers
- 1 large egg, plus a bit of water to make egg wash
- 1/2 cup flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- Start by browning your ground beef and Italian sausage, then allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni, cheeses, basil, marinara sauce, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, fill generously through the middle with meat and cheese mixture, then brush the outside edges with egg wash.
- Tuck in the sides of your spring roll wrapper, then roll up tightly. Quickly roll in a bit of flour to help keep it sealed.
- Fry in deep fryer or large pot filled with oil on 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut rolls on a diagonal, and serve warm with marinara sauce.