No effort required in this this holiday inspired dessert. A few minutes and you’ll have a whole fleet of parfaits ready to be delivered to all the good girls and boys in your life!
Candy cane flavor is everywhere, never has a shortcake been so refreshing! These crazy yummy parfaits can be gifted or just gobbled up right away! Simply slap the mason jar lid on and refrigerate or get a spoon and dive in!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 box angel food cake
- 15-20 candy canes
- Add whipping heavy cream, powdered sugar and peppermint extract in a medium sized bowl and whip together with a hand mixer until cream turns into heavy peaks. Add to a piping bag and chill until ready to assemble parfaits.
- Add candy canes to a plastic zipper bag, seal and crush them by hitting them gently with the back of a large spoon or meat mallet.
- Slice angel food cake into 1/4 inch slices and use a small cookie cutter to cut small circles out of the cake slices.
- Now you're ready to layer the dessert. Start by adding crushed candy canes to the bottom of the parfait cup. Then add a layer of peppermint whipped cream, more crushed candy canes, the angel food cake and top with whipped cream
- Break a red candy stick in half and place in the whipped cream. Sprinkle more crushed candy canes over the parfait before serving. Keep chilled until ready to serve.