We’ve tried a regular old Pizza Cake (and it was anything but regular), but an Apple Pie Pizza Cake?! This is one for the books.
Using premade pizza dough makes this recipe a breeze with an epic outcome. Between the apple pie filling and the oat-brown sugar crumble, this showstopping dessert will be the life of any party!
- 2 cans refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two large cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- Roll out one can of pizza dough into a thin layer on one cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, or until only partially baked, then set aside to cool.
- Measure the diameter of a tall-sided springform pan (we used a 6-inch diameter with a 3-inch high side). Use the springform pan to cut out three circles that are the same diameter of the pan from partially baked crust. Set aside.
- Press out the other can of pizza dough into the other cookie sheet. Cut a long strip of dough, at least ½ inch wider than the height of the springform pan (ours was cut to 3 ½ inches tall). Place the strip of dough on a piece of parchment paper, cover lightly with a damp cloth, and set aside.
- Using the remaining dough on the cookie sheet, ensure that the dough is large enough to cut two more circles that are the diameter of the springform pan. Bake 8 minutes, or until partially baked, then cut out two circles that are the diameter of the springform pan. Set aside.
- Line the springform pan with parchment paper so that the ends of the paper stick up and out of the pan.
- Carefully run the long strip of pizza dough along the inside edge of the springform pan, leaving ½ inch hanging over the outside edge, leaving the bottom open. Pinch the seams closed.
- Begin assembling by placing one partially baked pizza dough circle in the bottom of the pan to fill the bottom. Set aside while you make the crumble.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, flour, and oats until well-combined.
- Start layering with one third of the crumble mixture on top of the bottom layer of the cake. Top with another partially baked pizza dough circle.
- Spread half of the apple pie filling evenly, then top with another partially baked pizza dough circle. Repeat layering so that the crumble mixture is on top.
- Fold the overhanging dough up and over the edge of the pizza cake to create a raised crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until dough around the pizza is fully cooked (cover edges of crust with foil if it starts to burn). To test if it is fully cooked, carefully pull up on the parchment paper to raise the pizza slightly out of the pan. Once done, cool the cake 20-30 minutes in the springform pan before fully removing. Cut slices to serve like a cake.