Clam chowder is a staple in most seafood restaurants and it’s delicious but who says their can’t be another equally delicious chowder to choose? And Shrimp & Bacon Chowder is born!
With smokey bacon as the base to this creamy chowder and shrimp providing the ocean flavor, how could you not want 2 or 3 bowls of this?!
- 1 pack of bacon, chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- ¼ cup green onions
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh black pepper
- In a large pot, brown bacon until crisp over medium heat. Once cooked transfer bacon to side plate, keeping the reserve fat in pan.
- Add onions and cook until soft. Add flour and stir continuously until fully absorbed.
- Stir in chicken stock, half-and-half, potatoes, green onions, salt and pepper and simmer on medium-low until potatoes are tender.
- Add shrimp and simmer until pink.
- Add in half of the cooked bacon
- Garnish with remaining bacon and green onions.