Summertime has finally arrived, and it’s time to get creative with new ways to keep cool! Regular ice cream is great, but how about some Chocolate-Dipped Fruit Cones to keep dessert-time light and fresh?
This recipe is so much fun, you can include the kids by setting up a buffet-style topping station, too. Dip cones in chocolate, then whatever cone topping you like (we used walnuts, coconut flakes, and sprinkles), and then the sky’s the limit when filling them up with fruit! We loved going crazy with a berry trio and some kiwi, but you can pop in whatever fruits you like! These are my kinda cones!
- 6 waffle cones
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chopped walnuts
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Fresh mint
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until well-combined and smooth. Transfer the chocolate into a small, deep bowl.
- Dip the top of the waffle cone into the melted chocolate. Quickly dip into desired topping (chopped nuts, coconut flakes, sprinkles - or whatever you like!).
- Use the remaining chocolate to put a spoonful inside each cone to prevent any fruit from falling out. Set aside to dry in a popover pan or a bowl.
- Once the cones are dry, fill to the top with whatever mix of fruit you like.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.